|Job Title:||Systems Accountant|
|Salary:||£37000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent benefits + Flexible Working|
|Contact Name:||Guy Barwell|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
£35,000 - £44,000 depending on experience
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Birthday + Pension + Life insurance + other benefits
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Finance Systems Analyst join a dynamic, growing company who are a leader in their field throughout the UK. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop personally and help shape the future of this growing company, by contributing to its entrepreneurial approach and continuing the fast pace at which is it establishing itself in the market. This role would suit someone currently doing a Systems Accountant role or maybe someone doing a more generic accounting role with exposure to financial systems and projects, who wishes to progress their career down the system accounting route in a forward-thinking environment.
The team are known for their nimble, quick and creative approach while also holding firm in their beliefs at the same time. The team is proud to be known for going the extra mile in support of colleagues and for enjoying the opportunity to make a real difference with what they do. There are up to 50 users to support across finance each day, a number which is growing rapidly, allowing new starters to quickly understand the company culture and feel welcome in their new role.
Reporting to the Systems Accountant, the Finance Systems Analyst role is an essential part of the company's Finance transformation programme and its longer-term Finance plan. This role provides an essential service and support to the Finance teams and the wider business. Key outputs include rolling out systems developments and upgrades, process improvements, user training and ensuring the integrity of the Group's Financial systems.
* Maintenance, change management, day-to-day support of finance systems
* Manage end-user queries and triage incidents as necessary
* Undertake and assist with managing business change projects
* Help the evaluate, design, plan, implement and test new requirements
* Contribute to developing solutions to improve/automate financial processes
* Ensure Finance systems documentation is maintained and up to date, including user guides for admin team
* Involvement in the Finance ERP system implementation
* Provide and develop reports for user requirements
* Support end-user training requirements
* Provide support to the wider Finance function with system processes
* Troubleshoot and resolve a range of detailed systems issues
* Support ERP interfaces
* Perform systems maintenance and update tasks as part of BAU activities
* Monitor routine jobs, manage and communicate exceptions
The role will include the building and development of key relationships internally, with a number of departments including the Finance Team, the Systems Team and Super Users.
Externally, you will have regular contact with various software and systems providers.
Knowledge & Experience
* Previous experience in accounting coupled with strong system skills, ideally within a fast paced and changing Finance department
* Experience and knowledge of financial systems and best practices
* Good communication skills and end-user management ability, providing training, advice and problem resolution
* Ability to work as part of a team and independently - ability to work autonomously and self-start is necessary
* Pro-active with demonstrable ability to improve processes and procedures
* Experience of Finance ERP systems / General Ledger
* Ability to manage work queues, assign priorities and escalate issues as necessary
* Experience of assisting with design & development of reports is advantageous
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
Salary: £28000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum