M&A Integration Director
|Job Title:||M&A Integration Director|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£100000 - £150000 per annum + Great Benefits|
|REF:||NH 89532 UK_1615917706|
|Contact Name:||Nick Hallworth|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
£100- £150kpa plus package
Our client, a true global leader with an excellent reputation and employee retention rate are looking to add the capabilities of a talented and highly driven M&A Integration Director. The main purpose of the role is to maximise value delivered from M&A by establishing a framework for successful integration/separation of Supply Chain operations based on the size of the transaction and high/low complexity of required activities.
* Ensure a robust framework is defined and agreed with other functions defining how activities that are interdependent with Supply Chain will be assessed, particularly:
o Finance - accelerate data availability through standard templates, understanding inventory & asset values.
o HR - People, training, knowledge transfer, recruitment.
* Develop methodology for diligence around planning strategies including service, working capital management and focus on business waste reduction
* Champion value creation thinking at every step of the transaction process through educating staff on the key value creation/preservation levers in deals - focused on (but not limited to) supply chain (this to cover all stages of life-cycle: origination - execution)
* Develop a methodology for ensuring a consistent approach to value creation to maximise value to the business from M&A, including:
* Acquisitions / integrations
o A process for diligence synergies / upsides and identifying and quantifying integration risks.
o Ensure all NRI (once-off) costs are quantified and understood pre-deal and key stakeholders are bought-in (and incentivized) to deliver synergies / integrations to plan.
o Robust financial synergy tracking tools.
o Ensure divestment opportunities identified undergo an internal process to consider the "external value" of the asset.
o Ensure all value creation / upsides opportunities are robustly evidenced in the data room such that prospective buyers attribute value to them.
o Create a "value creation stage gate" as part of the M&A governance process to ensure the above value is realized on every transaction.
o Define a standard framework of activities requiring external support and negotiate rate cards for external services - ensuring buy-in from the Procurement organization.
o Co-own and sign-off synergy assumptions & upsides from value creation with the business and ensure programs and resources are in place on Day One to secure delivery.
o Ensure safety, quality and service-related gaps are understood and appropriate resources are secured to manage risks in the short term whilst investments/plans for full risk mitigation are installed in the mid to long term.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10-15 years of experience including exposure to manufacturing / supply chain / operational roles. Ideally with around 5-10 years M&A integration/separation experience would be a distinct advantage. Other areas of key experience include, strong financial/analytical skills, strong program management, strong commercial/negotiating skills, and experience of dealing with external consultancies.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration