Internal Control Manager
|Job Title:||Internal Control Manager|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + Equity+ Bonus + Health+ Pension|
|Contact Name:||Nick Hallworth|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Up to £60K + Equity, Bonus + Healthcare + Contributory Pension
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ACA qualified accountant with Risk / Controls experience looking to move into commerce or perhaps someone working in Internal Audit within a Plc environment looking to take the next step in their career. This is a newly created role which has come about due to an increased focus on Risk Management, Internal Controls, business growth and increased acquisition activity. As such we are seeking an individual that has the drive to develop the internal function to reduce the reliance on the current outsourced Internal Audit arrangement. The role will offer the successful candidate excellent exposure across the business and a clear career path as the role and team develops.
* Create, manage and communicate a robust set of internal financial controls across the business.
* On-going review of organisation controls, operating procedures and compliance with policies.
* Development and implementation of policies and procedures.
* Risk management and controls audit.
* Rolling out common controls across the group, including internationally and with acquisitions.
* Ad-hoc reviews of various parts of the business, providing a variety of exposure including to senior management.
* Documentation of key processes and controls (including the financial close process)
* Identify, design, and implement both financial and operational internal controls and processes that ensure operational consistency across all divisions.
* Publish and maintain a company Internal Controls Manual, ensuring its on-going relevance with significant risk exposures and operational effectiveness.
* Ensuring ERP System controls are implemented and operating effectively.
* Proactively identify and drive the implementation of new controls as necessary to mitigate risks.
* Develop and maintain productive relationships with Senior Management and Business Unit Leaders to drive a culture of continuous improvement ensuring controls remain current, relevant, and value-added to the business.
* Be the link between internal/external audit and the business areas in terms of ensuring recommendations are implemented on time.
* Develop and own the annual Internal Control Questionnaire process which forms the basis for the Board's internal controls sign off in the Annual Report.
* Update and communicate Group wide policies and procedures ensuring consistency with the Group (including overseas locations).
* Prepare and deliver compliance related training.
* Support the Plc risk committee in keeping the risk register current and ensuring the mitigating actions are appropriately carried out.
* Test Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) controls to underpin the annual sign off by the Group CFO.
* Provide audit assistance around year end.
* Replicating the finance and operational controls in overseas locations (including integration of acquired businesses).
* This is an ideal role for a qualified auditor (1-2 years PQE), ideally with experience within a Risk Management department and internal controls audits of large organisations.
* Alternative someone working for the Internal Audit Department of a Plc seeking progression.
* Knowledge and experience of financial systems such as SAP or Oracle as well as experience of systems audit would be a significant advantage.
* Degree qualified and Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
* Thorough understanding of controls framework.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Internal Control Manager
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Equity+ Bonus + Health+ Pension
Operations Finance Manager
Salary: £65000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Retail Finance Manager
Salary: £60000 - £62000 per annum + Bonus & Bens
Group FP&A Manager
Salary: £65000 - £75000 per annum + 30% Bonus plus Excellent Benefits
Project Accounting Interim (FTSE 100)
Salary: £450 - £500 per day