Financial Controller - Private Equity
|Job Title:||Financial Controller - Private Equity|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Potential LTIP|
|Contact Name:||Guy Barwell|
|Job Published:||8 days ago|
£70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus + Potential LTIP
High growth, private equity, award winning and acquisitive business services company with revenues approaching £300M is seeking a talented Financial Controller to work closely with the Group CFO. This is a new role that has been created due to double digit annual growth through organic and acquisitive expansion both in the UK and Internationally into new markets.
We are seeking a technically strong accountant ideally from an ACA practice background with a few years' experience already under their belt to assist the CFO in ensuring that the business and its controls keep pace with this rapid expansion.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of the London finance team with 4 direct reports, you will also have regular contact with the outsourced Transactional Finance team.
Key Responsibilities will include;
* Ad hoc project and reporting often supporting M&A activity.
* Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting records.
* Ensure that statutory financial statements and all other statutory filings are completed and filed in line with deadlines.
* Support the monthly and quarterly accounting closing process, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
* Group Reporting and Month end process including monthly board reporting.
* Ensure business processes and controls are established and followed.
* Improve financial and KPI reporting across the business, coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
* Lead staff appraisals and development plans.
* Ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed on a timely basis.
* Implementation of operational improvements.
* Business partnering senior stakeholders to influence decisions from a financial standpoint.
* Act as the key point of contact with Auditors and other external advisors.
* Qualified Accountant Ideally ACA (ACCA and CIMA will be considered)
* Three years plus post qualification experience
* Previous experience in a Finance Controller position, preferably within an dynamic growing business services environment.
* A good working knowledge of GL / ERP systems and data cubes such as Cognos.
* Demonstrable technical accounting background, including knowledge of local GAAP & IFRS and significant experience in preparing financial statements.
* You will be a confident communicator able to tackle problems logically and efficiently, achieving buy in from senior stakeholders and take a staff leadership role, developing and retaining the current team.
* You will have staff management experience and the ability to interact with senior stakeholders, building strong working relationships.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package with the chance to join the companies LTIP scheme in an exciting stage of its development. You will have the autonomy to run the finance team and get exposure to a broad range of responsibilities in a fast paced private equity environment. This role could be an excellent spring board into an FD role in the future.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration