|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Guy Barwell|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
£65,000 to £75,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Vitae Financial Recruitment are partnering with this global leader to recruit an experienced and technically strong (IFRS) Financial Controller to lead a team of 6 staff as the business continues to grow organically and through targeted acquisition.
This role will focus on the UK and ROI region with responsibility for the generation of monthly internal accounts as well as the statutory accounting for the region. Working alongside counterparts across the EMEA region the role will cover a wide range of activities including; accruals and prepayment; lease accounting; revenue recognition; variance analysis; functional reporting; balance sheet reconciliations; fixed assets accounting and various treasury activities.
* Ownership for the production of monthly management accounts ensuring all variances are correctly identified, accounted for and explained.
* Ensure adherence to correct accounting treatment and standards under UK and US GAAP.
* Partnering with senor finance team on projects and developments
* Assist FP&A where required during the planning and forecasting process
* Oversight of analytics for central corporate team as well as data for quarterly SEC reporting
* Review of bridge analysis for period on period comparisons where requested.
* Participation in close calls with corporate finance to present monthly results and discuss key transactions, variances or exceptional results.
* Drive the process of the production of annual statutory reporting, the annual audit and be a focal point for significant internal stakeholders and auditors.
* Responsibility for continually reviewing and improving processes and controls, as well as ensuring that controls are performed and correctly documented
* Generation and/or review of complex transactions such as business combinations, re-capitalisations or restructuring.
* Analysis of the application of accounting standards to changes in the business and/or impact analysis of changes to the applicable accounting standards.
* Supporting the business and wider finance on understanding accounting requirements and processes.
* Analysis/tracking of process risk and risk associated with BS positions.
* Key point of contact with KPMG (external auditors) for both the statutory accounts and interim / year-end reporting of US GAAP financials.
* Driving team towards critical deadlines such as monthly close
* Managing development of employee skills and knowledge
* Resource planning for peak periods and critical activities
* Coordinating large projects and system developments
What we are looking for
* Professionally qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
* Previous Controllership experience with a demonstrable expertise in IFRS and ability to understand and manage US GAAP differences.
* Strong planning and organisational skills
* Ability to innovate and automate processes, understanding end-to-end data flows and relevant dependencies
* Ability to lead and take ownership, also influencing the wider business.
* Keen communication skills, ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters.
* Proven ability to manage a team including coaching and development to ensure the accounting team is efficient and motivated to perform at a high standard.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available