Commercial Finance Analyst
|Job Title:||Commercial Finance Analyst|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Study Support, Bonus, Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Veiga|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus Study Support, Bonus and Excellent Benefits
Our client, a market leading organisation and a true global force, is seeking to add the capabilities of a commercially driven Analyst to their ranks.
The overall purpose of this position is to influence and support the business in driving maximum value creation via provision of insightful and actionable financial analysis for all significant marketing investment decisions.
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure that business performance is clear and the drivers of performance are understood
- Support development of standard decision support tools that facilitate consistent, insightful evaluation and actionable analysis
- Develop financial analysis that challenges and evaluates all marketing investment decisions
- Contribute to brand strategy development including price/promotional strategies
- Support Brand teams through all planning processes including forecast, budgets and strategic planning
- Maintain and develop effective relationships with the Marketing Controller and other teams within the business
- Proactively challenge the status quo to improve how things work
- Coach of business partners in financial understanding and use of standard finance tools
- Prepare weekly P&L reports for the relevant sites making sure all the relevant items are captured and reports provide a reliable view of actual performance
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations for relevant sites are completed
- Produce ah hoc analysis to identify and understand cost/margin variances, revenue themes and wages spend across the relevant sites and communicate results to Senior Managers and Operational team to assist them in making informed decisions around pricing and promotions
- Investigate margin discrepancies at month end to identify potential changes/improvements to processes to tighten up margin managements in procurement, stock control, rota management etc
- Provide support at year end on the annual audit process
The successful candidate will be Part-Qualified or Finalist with previous experience doing a similar role within a Retail/FMCG/Leisure organisation. You will also have a proven track record of delivering robust and insightful financial analysis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and talented commercially driven accountant to join a fantastic organisation that can provide a transparent and supportive professional working environment.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available