12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£35,000 - £50,000 + excellent benefits package
Our client, an established and highly respected player in their chosen market, has an exciting opening for a proven Payroll specialist to take the next step along the payroll career path.
Reporting into the Human Resources Director, the chosen individual will play a key role in supporting the Finance and People teams and will be the go-to person for all matter of employee payment and the wider aspects of Payroll services.
Key areas of expertise will include:
* Comprehensive knowledge of process and legislation around pay.
* Strong knowledge of PAYE and an understanding of HMRC statutory benefits.
* Experience of working with pension providers and external reward firms i.e. healthcare and insurance providers.
* Resilience, adaptability and anticipation of problems and challenges.
* High end communication and relationship-building capabilities as well as the ability to manage expectations.
Key duties will include:
* Managing the monthly payroll processing across all payrolls; hourly, and salaried.
* Driving operational best practice to ensure deadlines are met.
* Raising risks, issues and discrepancies in good time and work to find resolutions.
* Keeping up to date on all relevant legislation, suggesting changes to processes where appropriate.
* Defining and implementing checks and controls for all the payroll calculations.
* Ensuring accurate and timely submissions to HMRC.
* Monthly pension reporting.
* SMP & SSP recording.
* Monthly and annual payroll reporting.
* Ensuring compliance with monthly HMRC obligations and annual requirements such as P11d's and PSA submissions.
* Evaluate how effective the benefit packages are in terms of employee satisfaction.
* Managing the reconciliation of key payroll data - between payroll, benefits and third parties, including HMRC and Rewards and Benefits providers.
* Managing Gender pay gap reporting and support preparation for any future developments in pay gap reporting.
The successful individual will quickly be brought into the fold and enjoy a working culture and environment that is second to none... friendly, sociable, inclusive, and highly rewarding. Aside from the salary, the benefits package is wide ranging as are the opportunities to learn and develop as a professional.
Vitae Financial Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.