£55,000 - £65,000 + Benefits Package
Our client, one Hertfordshire's most reputable and prestigious employers, is looking for support to cover business critical responsibilities within a highly diverse and talented finance function.
The successful applicant will support the Group Financial Controller in delivering the day-to-day running and requirements of the Group accounting and reporting, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of the constituent parts of their reporting calendar (monthly close and annual statutory accounts) as well as the provision of ad-hoc financial information.
Key focus areas will be:
* Delivering timely and accurate consolidated financial results,
* Owning the technical accounting areas and the Group accounting policies.
* Ledger control and statutory reporting for multiple entities.
* Management of third-party service providers
* Preparation and submission of local statutory reporting.
Specifics will include:
* Ensure monthly close calendar is communicated and performed timely and accurately,
* Reconcile differences between finance systems and financial analysis tools.
* Review of monthly and quarterly consolidated accounts (P&L, Balance sheet, Cashflow)
* Overseeing the external audit processes.
* Maintaining a strong, robust financial control environment
* Continuous process improvement - help identify opportunities and spot risks
* Preparation of financial information for ad-hoc management requests
The chosen individual will need to be able to hit the ground running and understand what is required to work in a complex commercial environment. The to do list will be fluid and ever changing and so experience juggling multiple plates is a must as is a mindset that constantly challenges the status quo, not for the sake of doing so but in order to improve for the long term good.
On offer is the chance to play a pivotal role for a blue-chip employer of choice with potential longer term career opportunities in play for those that leave their mark in a positive and constructive manner.
Applicants must be professionally qualified (ideally ACA) with an exceptional academic record. Candidates looking to make their first move from practice will be considered on the basis that they have serviced a large client portfolio.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration