Enfield (Hybrid 2 days in the office)
£65,000 - £70,000
12-18 Month Contract
Fantastic opportunity to join this progressive and market leading business during a period of rapid growth and opportunity. The business is well funded with ambitious growth plans which has created an opportunity for a Group Management Accountant to work closely with the Financial Controller.
The role would suit a Qualified finance professional (ACA / ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA) with previous management accounting experience ideally with the ability to deal with large complex data sets, multi-currency and multi-entities.
Whilst predominately responsible for Management Accounting and Financial Reporting the role is broader in the sense that there is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in other areas including Commercial Analysis and Financial Planning & Analysis.
We are seeking someone who is looking to develop with the role and take on wider responsibilities as they progress in the future.
* Produce the Monthly Management Pack in a timely manner (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow and other supporting schedules such as margin reports).
* Assist senior management in producing Budgets and Forecasts. Variance Analysis and commentary.
* Adhoc analysis around margin, customer and product line. Development of KPI reporting packs.
* Prepare monthly accruals, prepayments and other journals as required.
* Monthly reconciliation of Balance sheet accounts across all entities and follow up on any differences, e.g. Deferred Revenue, Trade Debtors, Trade Creditors, Cost of Sale accruals and prepayments, Risks & Opportunities monitoring.
* Review and reconciliation of the Business Information Tool.
* Adhere to strict reporting deadlines, e.g. Monthly close, Board Pack, Weekly forecast, Year-end and other reporting deadlines.
* Review all entries going through accountancy system. Make correction where costs have been incorrectly posted. Correcting of posting errors.
* Assist with fault finding and system development as required, to ensure the accountancy system functions move efficiently and effectively.
* Maintenance of General Ledger systems, e.g. open/close accounting periods, maintenance of account codes, Exchange rate.
* Financial Compliance: Ensure all policies & procedures are followed. Where there are gaps, write up new procedures.
* Ensure all Finance processes are documented to enable sharing of knowledge and enable other members of the team to support each other.
* Ensure statutory and audit requirements are met and schedules for auditors are prepared.
* Responsible for Group consolidation model in support of statutory reporting.
* Ad hoc tasks, queries and projects as and when required.
What we need from you?
* Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
* Strong business partnering skills with the ability to support non-finance operational and commercial staff
* Good technical accounting skills
* Advanced Excel skills
* Ambitious and driven to take on extra responsibility
Vitae Financial Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.