|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus & Bens|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Garfield|
|Job Published:||29 days ago|
You'll have responsibility for overseeing the financial reporting, management accounting and analysis of a division, working closely with senior management also. There will also be an emphasis on commercial decision making, looking at contract performance and profitability closely.
Key duties include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day running and financial management of the business including oversight of general ledger postings and transactions.
- Management of 1-2 reports
- Supervision of the month end process and the production of monthly management accounts.
- Review of monthly management accounts including detailed monthly P&L reviews and challenge of balance sheet reconciliations, leading to the identification of risks and opportunities. Responsible for ensuring that applicable accounting standards are being adhered to.
- Producing accurate and insightful MI and KPI analysis.
- Production of departmental/segmental P&L reporting on a monthly basis.
- Design and implementation of a CAPEX sign-off process to aid visibility and reporting.
- Review of monthly VAT returns submitted to HMRC and managing any HMRC correspondence, for example, VAT return enquiries.
- Responsible for delivering annual integrated budgets and quarterly reforecasts, as well as assisting with additional budgetary tasks.
- Managing the production of and reviewing year-end audit packs before they are submitted to external auditors. Actively resolving any audit queries.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with 3+ year's post qualified experience.
- Strong communicator and leadership skills with proven experience of managing a team.
- Ability to challenge and stand firm with Senior Management.
- Statutory and management reporting background essential. Audit trained preferential.
- Ability to challenge the 'status quo.'
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise deadlines as well as manage expectations upwards.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration