Connecting to LinkedIn...

Banner Default Image

Financial Controller

Financial Controller

Job Title: Financial Controller
Contract Type: permanent
Location: Hertfordshire
Salary: £70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus
Start Date: In October 21
REF: GBPHRFC2302_1632844640
Contact Name: Guy Barwell
Contact Email:
Job Published: 26 days ago

Job Description

Financial Controller
Hertford, Hertfordshire
£70,000 to £80,000 + Bonus

We have an exciting opportunity to join this highly profitable international business on an initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. The business is currently going through an exciting phase of growth and investment meaning this role will have a broad remit beyond the month end report duties which accounts for around 30% of the role with the other 70% being involved in business partnering, project work and supporting the business. The role will manage a small finance team with responsibility for providing management information, reporting and budgeting / forecasting support across the division.

Key Responsibilities

*Production of all consolidated divisional reporting, covering P&L, balance sheet and working capital.
*Provide confidence throughout the organisation in its financial accounting, reporting and controls in a fast-growing business.
*Motivate and develop a small finance team, providing clear structure and management support.
*Provide strong communication and insight to the Senior Finance Leadership Team and Group Finance.
*Provide Group Finance with "best in Group" reporting of month end results, consistently hitting reporting deadlines and a "right first time" approach
*To provide business partnering support for the Operations team
*Input into the monthly Operations team leader meetings.
*Ongoing project work around improving efficiency and effectiveness of Finance accounting team.
*Continued development of management reporting systems.

What we are looking for

*Must be available to start in October
*Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA
*A good blend of technical accounting and business partnering skills
*Previous experience of managing a small team
*Previous worked as a Financial Controller or Finance Manager
*Previous experience with a medium to large company ERP System
*Advanced MS Excel
*Must live a commutable distance to Hertford, Hertfordshire (Although 100% remote at the moment at some point they will move to hybrid working, probably 2 days a week in the office)
*A confident communicator with the ability to work closely with senior management and other employees providing clear support and guidance where required.

AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration