Barnet, North London
We are proud to be exclusively partnering with this amazing children's charity who help babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions, and their families, make the most of every day.
We are seeking both an Interim and Permanent senior finance professional with previous charity experience to join the charity as part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
High Level Responsibilities:
* Ensure that the financial position of the charity is safeguarded and that it remains compliant with its regulatory obligations.
* Develop timely, accurate and insightful management information for the CEO, SLT and Board of Trustees. Oversee all financial planning and analysis.
* Alongside other members of the SLT, actively contribute to the overall management and strategic development of the charity.
* Complete all external reporting requirements including the Annual Report and Accounts of the charity and any other regulatory returns required. Liaise effectively with the statutory auditors throughout the year.
* Comply with all tax related matters including VAT and Gift Aid.
* Implement a broad sweep of management information to help steer the charity, including:
* Monthly management accounts.
* Non-financial performance metrics.
* Budgets, forecasts and tracking outcomes versus longer term strategic targets.
* Evaluation of any proposed new operational investments (typically head count related).
* Modelling different formats of Care delivery to ensure we optimise total value delivered to our children and families.
* Benchmarking our performance versus other hospices.
* Contribute to the development of the multi year strategic plan.
* In partnership with other departments, identify potential cost efficiency or productivity improvements across the organisation.
* Support the design and implementation of new IT systems.
* Ensure proper management of financial assets and reserves to support income generation and/or minimise risk. Areas include the following:
* Monitoring of investments held at fund managers.
* Maintenance of adequate operational reserves.
* Cash flow monitoring and managing liquidity buffers.
* Controls over cash disbursements.
* Ensuring appropriate insurance cover.
* Proper segregation of restricted funds.
* Work alongside the Care team to improve our relationships with local hospitals and CCGs to grow the Care services we provide and generate incremental revenue to support our charitable objectives.
* Lead one-off projects as required. Historic examples have included:
* Managing the liquidation of legacy endowments.
* Oversight of significant CAPEX spend.
* Evaluating changes to the compensation model.
* Managing a finance team of 3.
* Undertake the Company Secretarial role.
What we are looking for:
* A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc.) with a background in supporting smaller scale businesses.
* Direct experience of charities or healthcare providers.
* Strong planning and organisational skills coupled with a "hands on" approach to work. Personally productive.
* Delivery oriented and able to work well under pressure. Willing to take on new challenges.
* A commercial focus, good analytical skills and a practical approach to problem solving.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and especially those who come from a non-financial background.
* High levels of personal integrity and a demonstrable appetite to support the objectives of the charity.
* A collegiate approach and ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration