Hemel Hempstead (3 days per week in office)
£35,000 - £37,000
Our client a well-established housing association is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Credit Control Team Lead to join our Finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the Credit Control team, ensuring timely and effective management of tenant arrears and maximising cash collection.
* Lead and manage the Credit Control team, providing direction and guidance to ensure effective management of tenant arrears.
* Monitor and manage tenant accounts, identifying areas of risk and ensuring appropriate actions are taken to maximise cash collection.
* Develop and implement effective credit control procedures and processes, ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
* Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders, including Housing and Asset Management teams, to identify and resolve issues relating to tenant arrears.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders, including tenants, external debt collection agencies, and solicitors.
* Produce regular management information and reports on credit control performance, ensuring accurate and timely reporting to senior stakeholders.
* Participate in regular team meetings, providing guidance and support to team members and sharing best practice.
* Monitor and manage the team's workload, ensuring resources are allocated effectively and priorities are managed appropriately.
* Proven experience in a Credit Control Team Lead role, ideally within a housing association or similar sector.
* A solid understanding of credit control procedures and processes, including managing tenant arrears and cash collection.
* Excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
* Strong communication and relationship-building skills with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Knowledge of relevant regulatory and legal requirements relating to credit control and debt recovery.
* Strong IT skills, with the ability to use Microsoft Office and accounting software packages.
If you are an experienced Credit Controller with a track record of managing small teams, success in managing tenant arrears and maximising cash collection, please apply.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration