Assistant Group Accountant
|Job Title:||Assistant Group Accountant|
|Location:||Letchworth Garden City|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Lamb|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits Package
Our client, a professional and highly diverse commercial enterprise based in Hertfordshire, is looking for an intelligent, quick thinking and ambitious individual wishing to develop an already impressive skill set.
The successful candidate will have had exposure to a fast moving office and sector where initiative and creative thought processes are encouraged. The role will provide ongoing financial support to the financial reporting team and will cover the following areas:
- Provide support for the month end close process by preparing month end journals.
- Monitoring and resolving inter-company differences in advance of month end close and tracking the progress of month end deliverables across the Group and Financial Accounting Teams.
- Contribute to the month end consolidation process by raising consolidation journals and IFRS adjustments for the group and reviewing monthly movements in the group balance sheet and income statement.
- Prepare schedules as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packs for internal reporting.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide clear and timely information to the external auditors - both for the group and overseas audits.
- Prepare financial statements under FRS 102
- Provide support for the internal review of revenue recognition.
- Ad hoc work and projects as required by the Head of Group Finance.
Ideally you will have experience communicating with high profile individuals and across various internal and external departments. Your ACA or ACCA studies will be near completion (if not already completed) and you will be actively putting into practice your theoretical studies on a daily basis. You will be able to draw upon your experience working in a multi-currency environment as an auditor or a key audit contact, be technically savvy, understand finance systems and be committed to excellent financial control.
The opportunity on offer will provide a depth of variety and regular challenges as well as the chance to forge a long term career path. Dedication, enthusiasm and ultimately results will be acknowledged and rewarded accordingly.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration